Post Title : Cleaner / Caretaker
Flexible Working Pattern :
Winter – Oct to April – Min 5 hours a week (excluding Events weekends).
Summer – May – Sept – Min 10 hours a week (excluding Events weekends)
Event weekends (minimum 4/ maximum 10) will require an additional 10 hours set up / clear up.
Grade : Manual Grade Living Wage £7.83 per Hour
12 x Average monthly payments will be made of £193.79, based on minimum hours (plus any events
/additional hours )
52 weeks per year (4 weeks holiday increasing to 5 weeks after 5 yrs service plus bank holiday and
Location : Nafferton Recreation Club
Responsible to : PC Clerk (Anne Tyler)
Post Objective : To provide efficient and effective cleaning and minor caretaking support to the
Nafferton Recreation buildings and land including ensuring the security and general appearance of
the buildings and surrounding areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards and
that heating systems operate at optimum efficiency.
Other Considerations :
The position would best suit someone based locally to the Rec club and flexible on days worked , as
timings of duties will not be static and on occasion there may be multi visits to the building in one
day, and potentially 7 days a week.
The post holder will be expected to observe safe working practices in carrying out the required
The PC operates a safe recruitment process appointment to the post will be subject to suitable
references and an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check.
Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Cleaning (nb during Winter months we will not require the changing rooms section of the building
cleaning weekly, only as and when required)
Cleaning duties will include the following:
● To clean designated areas of the Rec buildings – Kitchen, Toilets, Function Room , Lobby,
Changing Rooms – to the highest possible standards(nb during Winter months we will not
require the changing rooms section of the building cleaning weekly, only as and when
● Mopping and buffing hard floor surfaces
● Vacuuming carpeted areas
● Wiping, polishing, dusting of designated areas
● Spot cleaning of spillages
● Emptying and cleaning bins
● Cleaning of toilets and toilet areas, and replenishment of paper towels, toilet rolls and other
● To clean light fittings and to test lighting weekly replacing where necessary minor parts such
as tubes, bulbs, fuses starters and diffusers, in accordance with safe working practices.
● Cleaning of internal glass regularly, internal and external door glass and internal side of
● Cleaning of external windows at ground level as necessary
2. Liaise with Marketing Manager and Clerk regarding weekly bookings , and support collection of
Club subs / rents.
3. Opening and locking up of the buildings including lights and internal doors both weekdays and
evenings and weekends as required (outside of U5s opening hours).
4. To ensure that gullies, drains etc. are kept free from debris and that the buildings, grounds and
playground are litter free.
5. To dispose of waste materials in a safe, hygienic manner ensuring that it is available for collection
6. To undertake porterage tasks as required including setting up and clearing away furniture, setting
up and taking down of other equipment as required
7. Conduct handover and takeover of rooms and equipment on hire as required
8. To control the provision and replenish toiletry items, including requisition, storage and
distribution of such items.
9. To report emergencies in the case of faults with gas, electric and water supply to the Clerk
10. To attend to, where necessary, personnel visiting the site such as contractors
11. To ensure heating plant and equipment is efficiently and effectively operated, make adjustments
as necessary and report defects and malfunctions to the Clerk/Chair
Please apply in writing to:
Breezy Cottage, Kelk
noon on 4 April 2018
- Nafferton Parish Council meeting – Weds 9 th May 2018 at 7.00p.m. May 5, 2018
- Annual Parish Meeting inc Nafferton Rec Club AGM – Weds 2nd May 2018 at 7.00 p.m April 30, 2018
- Parish Council Meeting : Rec Club, Nafferton on Weds 11 Apr 2018 at 7.30 p.m. April 10, 2018
- Nafferton Recreation Club : Caretaker/Cleaner March 24, 2018
- Nafferton Recreation Club : Marketing and Events Co-Ordinator March 24, 2018
- Nafferton Parish Council Vacancy March 24, 2018
- Nafferton PC meeting – Weds March 7th at the Rec Club March 5, 2018
- Vacancy for Parish Councillor – Nafferton PC March 5, 2018
- Parish Council Meeting – Weds 14 Feb 2018 at 7.30 p.m February 13, 2018
- Rec Club meeting – Wednesday 7 February 2018 at 7.30 p.m. February 13, 2018